Monday, February 13, 2017

Everything For Her by Alexa Riley

This is a story about Oz and Mallory.
     Oz sees Mallory at when she is only 17, and knows he can't approach her because she's too young. He bides his time for 5 years. He is obsessed with her during this time, paying for her education and always watching her to make sure she is protected.
I personally found this extremely stalkery, and obsessive. To the point of creepy!
     The day he finally approaches her in a bar, he comes on SO strong, and while Mallory is guarded, she still falls for his charms.
     Oz arranges for Mallory to have an internship at HIS business, even though there have never been internships at this business before. Seriously? Mallory is supposed to be a smart girl, but she never considers Oz's behavior strange or obsessive? 
   I'm sorry, I must be missing something here. I see all the 5 star ratings, but I'm just not understanding it! The obsessive behavior Oz has, the terms of endearment he immediately starts using ( baby, MY Mallory) I just think are so unrealistic, not to mention seriously cheesy. 
   The good parts about this book? It's very well written, Oz COULD be sweet, and the sexy parts were VERY hot. Mallory just seemed like a weak, dumb bunny to me. The way Oz tried to win her back after a breakup was kind of sweet. The texts were kind of cute. He sent her a ton of flowers and she texts him a thank you.
***Me: Thank you. For all of them. They were overwhelmingly beautiful.
His response is instant. Like he’s been waiting all day, and maybe he has.
Oz: You deserve a thousand more.              
 Me: I wouldn’t know where to put them.
 Oz: I would build you a castle, if only you would ask.
 Me: Maybe one day.***
     I guess I just like a stronger, smarter woman. I don't think I'll be reading the 2nd book in this series.
   If you want to read it, it's on Amazon for $4.99 as an ebook and available in other formats here 
   I gave this book a 2 out of 5 cupcake rating.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment