Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Driven: Southern Alphas - Book One by Lori Sjoberg


   The plot was interesting.
   Kayla is trying to keep the ranch she inherited from her parents. She is doing everything in her power to keep it running. She is an ex horse jumper. Mason wonders why she doesn't do this anymore as a profession now.
   She meets Mason Falco because he is trying to buy the dance for corporate/real estate gain. 
   I felt like this was headed towards a predictable plot...and was pleasantly surprised when it took a twist.
   ***"Do you ever worry about falling?” She nodded. “Right before every jump.” “Then why do it?” Her features hardened—just a fraction, but enough to be noticeable. “Because I refuse to let fear destroy something I love.” “But Louise said you could end up paralyzed if you fall.” Judging by the look on her face, she’d heard that argument before. “Yeah, and if I drive, I could die in an accident. Or the plane I fly in might crash. Or someone might cough on me at the supermarket and give me some horrible, incurable disease. Sooner or later, something’s going to kill me, but in the meantime, I might as well enjoy my life.”***
    Mason was a sweet guy with Kayla...only trying to make her happy. There were some steamy moments, but honestly, they seemed a little forced by the author, like she was trying to shove them into the story so it would be considered a Contemporary Romance. There were some sweet interactions between the two.
***"Why are you staring at me like that?" He grinned. " Because I'm going to kiss you. Right here. Right now."***
They almost felt out of place at times.
   I was annoyed with the way the ending just stopped. I wouldn't call it a cliffhanger, but it definitely felt like a abrupt ending. There is another book with Kayla's brother. I'm not feeling like I am anxious to read anymore by Ms. Sjoberg.
   It IS a HEA,Contemporary Romance book. No cliffhanger. It is free on Kindle ebooks and can be found here
   I give this book a 4 cupcake rating.

No comments:

Post a Comment