Sunday, December 4, 2016

Too Hot To Handle by Tessa Bailey






    This is a story of the Clarkson Children. They are adult children of Rita Clarkson who was a culinary genius. She was a member of the Polar Bear Club too. She left a journal to her kids with her wishes in it for after she died.
 ***"If I had one wish, it would be for my four children, Belmont, Rita, Aaron, and Peggy, to jump into that same ocean, on that same beach, on New Year’s Day.
            Together.
            Knowing I’m right there with them."***
  On their road trip, the truck breaks down and they receive help from tall, sexy motorcycle riding Jasper. Jasper and Rita have an immediate attraction to each other but Rita doesn't want him to know...just yet. She thinks he's a little rough around the edges but gorgeous!
  I loved the dialogue between them, and the steps Jasper takes to get the Clarkson family to stay is hysterical! You can't help but root for these two to get together!
 They are sweet and romantic.
 ***"Warm hands clasped the sides of her face, tilting it up. Jasper’s hands, dragging her out of the rocky chasm she’d fallen into. “Sweet Lord. I’ve never had to ask someone what they’re thinking so many times in one day.”
          “Why are you so interested?”
          The question had fairly burst out of her, but Jasper didn’t even flinch. “If I don’t know your thoughts how can I get inside them?”
          She was being drawn back under his spell. But even her total awareness of the fog descending couldn’t get her to pull away or heed the warning signs on the road to destruction. “You’re there,” she murmured. “Doesn’t mean I don’t want to kick you out.”
         “I can be stubborn when I have a mind to. You just wait and see,” he responded, completely undeterred. “Are you coming back to my office so we can get to know each other better? Or do you want to be carried?”***
    To her surprise, she loved his dominant personality. No...she NEEDED it!
    This book is part of a series, but no cliffhanger and a HEA.
   This ebook can be purchased on Amazon.com for $2.99 by clicking here
   I give this book a 5 out of 5 cupcake rating.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment