Sunday, December 4, 2016

Big D:A Sports Roance by Stephanie Brother






    I looked forward to starting this book from the authors description.  I knew after reading 3 or 4 chapters that I didn't like it.    I don't like giving bad reviews because this IS someone's hard work. I have not read anything else by Stephanie Brothers to say I don't care for her writing style, I personally just couldn't get into this book. To me, it was not only predictable, but far fetched. 
   Usually, if I know from the first few chapters I don't like a book and I'll stick it out and give it a fair chance. Sometimes if I REALLY don't like it and it doesn't hold my interest, I won't waste my time or finish it. I DID stick it out to the end ( I chose not to read the 2nd book at the end...so this review is only in the story of Dominic and Hannah.
    I truly like to say good things about every book I review. There were some very sweet moments between Big D and Hannah. He's a big jock with some emotional baggage and Hanna has a hidden secret and works at anything she can to make money to pay her way through college. She becomes his tutor so he can pass and continue to play on the college football team. She has low self esteem, he's tired of all the smutty girls throwing themselves at him.
   ***"I'm so lost in his kiss and the swell of emotions that I'm feeling, that there is no going back now. I've held myself separate  for long enough to create a void inside me that doesn't want to be empty anymore. My soul is lonely and, as much as I've tried to fight it, Big D is the one that I need."***

    See? Sweet moments...a gentle caring guy, but it just wasn't the book for ME. It got a lot of great reviews, so I almost feel like I was reading a different book!
To buy this ebook for $2.99 on Amazon.com click here
I give this book a 3 cupcake rating out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment