Friday, March 10, 2017

Crown Of Lies by Pepper Winters ( Truth And Lies Duet Book 1)

    I wasn't sure what to expect going into this book. I'm always a little cautious with cliffhangers.  I DID  know this book ended on a cliffhanger when I started it though.
  Noelle ( Elle) is a strong powerful CEO of a huge department store. Her father has been grooming her to take over his position of his company since she was a child. She's been sheltered and has no social skills of a person her age, but boy does she have business sense and skills! Let's just say her skills are in the boardroom, and zero experience in the bedroom.
    One day Elle decides she wants a normal day! She just wants to go out and experience New York City by herself. The streets of New York are just too dangerous for a girl with no street smarts. She runs into trouble and a man saves her life. This story is about the instant chemistry between the two and the things that happen between them.
    This book is full of page turning suspense. I'm not usually into suspense books, but this one had me intrigued. The hot scenes were from the charts hot and by the end of the 2nd book ( the continuation entitled Throne Of Truth). Did I know what was going to happen? A little. However, there were some totally unpredictable twists and turns involved that made this story go on.
  I am in love with  Pepper Winter's  writing style. She's deep, intellectual and I found myself going back over some paragraphs because they were so beautifully written.
  It is a HEA and as I said, yes...it's a cliffhanger but the 2nd book continuation is already out! No waiting for months required!
This Ebook is available on Amazon for $3.99 and is available in other formats here The continuation, Throne of Truth is also available for $3.99 on Amazon.
   This book gets a 5 out of 5 cupcake rating.

No comments:

Post a Comment