Thursday, February 2, 2017

Bet Me by Lila Monroe

   This is my first book by Lila Monroe. The summary of this book called out to me, and it was true to the summary. The book was well written, and cute, and a totally different story line than I have read before!
   Lizzie is a curator of a museum and her love is everything from Classic Hollywood movies. Let's say Lizzie has had some bad luck finding the perfect man. She attempts to video phone her best friend and winds up leaving it all on a message...which accidentally goes out to the public. The whole scenario is hysterical.   Lizzie meets Jake who is also in the same field as she is and while you know they will wind up together, there back and forth is cute.
   There were a couple of times I felt the story was a little long and could have been shortened, but all in all, a well written, sweet book! I recommend it, especially if you have a love of old Hollywood classic films.
  This book is free on Kindle Unlimited and is available in other formats here
I give this book a 5 out of 5 cupcake rating for the authors writing, and because it was a different plot than the usual Contemporary romance books I've read!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment