Wednesday, December 14, 2016

The Pawn by Skye Warren






  I'm not usually a fan of the darker romance books. I'm a HEA, NO cliffhanger, Romantic Comedy kind of reader. My friend and avid reader, likes these kind of books, and she recommended I read this. She said, " Try THIS one! I think you'll love it!"
Boy was she right!
    I was in love with the plot and characters from the start. Skye Warren got me sucked in from the first page, and I read this book in one sitting not realizing I was so engrossed!
    Avery James comes from a very privileged upbringing. Lived in a mansion, went to preparatory school, and a private college after that...best clothes and surrounded by the richest of people...you get the picture. Everything is taken from Avery in what seems like a minute. Her father loses everything ( no spoilers here as to HOW ) but Avery fights to survive and won't lose her beautiful home and fights to protect her now dying father.
This is when Avery decides putting her virginity on the market will pay all the bills that are piling up, and save her home.
  Gabriel Miller is a man of wealth, power and control. He's the one who Avery is going to depend on so she can save everything near and dear to her heart...but, everything comes at a price! You want to hate Gabriel, you know you should! I personally see so much good in him. He has secrets that we won't learn until the next book.
  During Avery's time in her newfound dark world, a woman named Candy giver her some words of wisdom, advice if you will.
***"All you have to give them is your body. Your mind, your soul—that’s your leverage.” That’s my ball of string, I realize. A lifeline, so I can find my way out of the maze at the end.***
    Unfortunately , this book ends on a serious cliffhanger ( and like I said, I despise cliffhangers! ) and we won't know what happens to Avery or learn the secrets of Gabriel's life until the next book, The Knight, which doesn't come out until January 31, 2017. I'm anxiously awaiting!
The situation between Gabriel and Avery is consensual.That's probably why I'm O.K. with this book as opposed to some other darker romance books I've read.
  I highly recommend this book! Ms. Warren's writing is descriptive and flows so easily.
To purchase this book on Amazon.com click here
I give this book a 5 out of 5 cupcake rating!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment