Thursday, January 5, 2017

Hit The Spot by J. Daniels


 I pre-ordered this book as soon as I finished Four Letter Word because I was SO in love with it. While these two books are stand alones, I HIGHLY recommend reading Four Letter Word first! It gives you a better insight of how the characters meet up and their feelings toward each other. Jamie is a 1st class, trophy winning surfer. No one can beat him! He has been crushing on Tori forever. Tori works in a diner as a waitress. Tori nicknames Jamie  " Loser " and Jamie nicknames Tori "Legs"
 ( too funny ). The steps Jamie goes to to pursue her, and the steps Tori goes to to get him back are hysterical.
    While the banter is adorable, my only issue the way Jamie is written. He doesn't use pronouns and can't seem to put a "g" at the end of words, and honestly uses the f-bomb WAY too much! He uses it front of kids and Tori's parents! J. Daniels wanted him to sound like an Alpha Male, but to ME, he sounded like an uneducated idiot. Alpha does not equal moron. He was a sweet, good guy with a sweet heart.. There is a bet between the two of them to see who can hold out the longest and not give in to falling for the other. It simply  adorable and funny the lengths each of them go to get the other to crack.
***“You know the game, babe,” he said, snapping me out of my thoughts. I blinked him into focus as he kept on at me. “I push and you push back, giving me your smart-ass mouth—which I dig, Legs, no question there—but I’m just sayin’ and this is a heads-up for you, I can only be so patient before I stop waiting around and start takin’. Your playing time is about up.”***  
    It is a HEA. Would the language and lack of editing keep me from read another book from this author? No way. Stick with this book and read it for the sweet romantic side and the humor. Totally worth it. I also loved the epilogue.
    You can purchase this as an ebook on Amazon.com for $3.99 and other formats are available here
     I give this book a 4 cupcake review.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment